Discover how Virgin Atlantic uses Workplace integrations to help staff go further
by Matt Bochenski
You can go pretty far in a career with Virgin Atlantic. And we don’t just mean professionally. From Seattle to Shanghai, London and Lagos, Virgin planes criss-cross the globe. And Virgin employees get to go with them. At least, that’s the theory.
Every member of the Virgin Atlantic team is entitled to discounted staff travel – but they can only take it when there’s a spare seat on an aircraft. Unsurprisingly, that means Virgin’s staff are extremely interested in finding out how many seats are available on upcoming flights. In Virgin-speak, that’s called checking the ‘load’.
“We made a bot and our employees just loved that. It’s really helped drive usage of Workplace.”
– Don Langford, Senior Vice President, Technology, Virgin Atlantic
But load checking was tricky, especially for frontline workers with limited access to computers. The answer? A custom Workplace integration called Load Checker, which uses a Workplace Chatbot to automate the heavy lifting while bringing the entire process to mobile for the first time.
Take a look at the video to discover how it works.
“[Integrations] can transform how an organization functions. Fundamentally. It’s a game changer.”
– Raza Ali, Project Manager, Virgin Atlantic
What’s in the video
- How using Workplace created new connections in Virgin Atlantic that didn’t exist before
- Why the airline needed a mobile solution for load checking and how the Load Checker bot works
- Why the strategy for integration includes both first-party and third-party options